Our aim is to put people first...
We want to see the quality of life improve for people in this area in whatever way it can.
Credit Unions work because most of the money invested is out on loan to local people, earning interest, which means more benefit for you and the community. Fully trained staff and volunteers run this community business, which is fully accountable, regulated by law and monitored by the Financial Services Authority.
Our Credit Union is a non-sectarian, non-political, equal opportunities organisation which exists for the benefit of each of its members and the greater good of the community.
We are part of a worldwide movement. There are now over 500 credit unions in Britain and more than 40,000 worldwide, in 79 countries with over 100 million members.
Our objectives are:
- Promotion of thrift among our membership.
- Creation of a source of credit at a fair and reasonable rate of interest.
- Use and control of members savings for mutual benefit.
- Training and educating our members to use money wisely and manage their financial affairs.
- Helping to reduce poverty within our community.
- Helping economic regeneration of our community.
© Association of Cornish Credit Unions · Updated: 10 March 2006